Forum Etiquette

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Cosmo32, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Good Day Wilders,
    I've managed to start several threads. Only one of them is truly active ATM-I check it daily. But, I do scan thru and check all my old threads also just to see if some other expert dropped some new knowledge!

So, after my old thread(s) are done, am I suppose to report to the keepers which of my old threads can be killed/put away/erased/etc. o_O
    Or, do old threads just stay available as future resource material. I have gotten lots of good ideas from many long, old threads.

Just wondering. I am new to forum-life.
    Thank you,
    Duncan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We don't remove threads because of age, (even extreme old age). We just let them drop down into the back pages of whatever forum sections they reside in. We generally only delete out-dated Update Alert threads, Test Forum threads, and a few closed placeholders (move redirections, closed duplicate threads, etc.) Most everything else is still here from when this version of the forum opened in Feb 2002. So there is no need to report any old or inactive threads. (Frankly, I'm a pack rat, and I never throw anything away. ;) )

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

LowH2OMark,
    OK, guilty!! ;)
    I also save more stuff than I can remember. Thanks for the expand. I'll not worry and just let the future happen. This is a well run forum; glad to have a place here. Good, useful knowledge.
    Best,
    Duncan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.