Forum decorum...

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by douglasjre, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Maybe I will cover it with - Geek Suede, I've heard it doesn't see much sun, so it won't be dried out, does it come in many colors, tho?? Gotta have more than ONE!!:eek: :eek:

(Note: Left Power Boot stuck in fire door after test for ooomph! Might need replacement...

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Just to get back on-topic here... :D
    The industry pro's are in the right here - with the most common sort of bulb being the General Lighting Service Lamp (as opposed to reflector lamps, compact fluorescent lamps, tubes or extra-low-voltage lamps).

4. Marja

Hi P2K!!

On that note I will leave the rowdies and this thread in your capable hands, as it were. If you have a better diagnoses for Big Buck and Big Ed, it would be appreciated, they need HELP! :D

I have a friend who is adamant that they are lamps, never light bulbs, that is something you plant, he always tells me. OK, they are lamps, I will plant all my light bulbs and turn in now! :rolleyes:

Thanks, P2K
    Marja:cool:

5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I think we should get Dog's view on this one....

6. Marja

You should!! I think he even broke his wag once, it's been a little out of whack ever since. In a high wind, it twirls like a propeller and he actually gets lift!:eek: :eek:

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

How many times does dog wag his tail in a day? :D

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

9. bigbuck

Had spaghetti for dinner last night, but as I was eating I noticed that the 'spagmentation' was too high. So I put it back in the pot and 'despagmented' it three times....

10. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, obviously this re-classifies dog from "household pet" to "small private aircraft." This means several things.

First - we shall need 4 committees to address this situation.

#1 - will be the design team. I'm sure dog isn't up to current aviation safety standards (in any country) so this team must draw up the plans for remodelling. This would include addition of things like handrails, fire extinguishers, survival rafts, first aid kits, and much more.

#2 - this will be the "requisition" team. As the plans come together, this team will be on hand to scrounge the world over for the hardware that will be needed, especially tougher-to-find ones such as passive air defense electronic counter measures to help protect Dog in case anyone ever fires a guided missile at him, and a "friend or foe" identification transmitter to help avoid such occurrences.

#3 - the assembly team. This team will follow the plans laid out by team 1 and actually install the new equipment such as parachutes and those neat flashing lights you always see on planes. I want to be on this team - I'll run the drill and maybe a hammer.

#4 - the legal issues team. Once the work is done this team will ahve taken care of the paperwork etc to ensure that Dog is ready to be properly licensed ASAP. I thought this team could do double duty by taking care of security for the on-board flight computers.

hope I haven't missed anything - I just want Doggie to be safe.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  11. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Aaaah buckster,

Being of Italian persuasion I immediately diagnosed the problem. It's in the sauce! Just when you think you have enough garlic, double it. Spagmentation only occurs when there are not enough garlic fumes to eradicate all living organisms in general vicinity. The term for this is not generally known but is called "desaucillizing". Children should be heard but not seen during this process. Exposure to this phenomenon will make them realise that their parents lied when they told them that the Planet would be in better shape when it was handed over to them.

The theory behind this is ..... an 18 wheeler traveling @ 80 mph gathers no moss.

Trust me, big ed

12. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Boy, I sure would like to qualify as a member of this cracked errr crack team.

I've got a big hammer, lotsa nails, and a pile of wood scraps that I am sure has a lot of useful odds and ends. It could be fashioned after Howie Hughs "Spruce Goose". Maybe name it "Firry Dog"

I await the summons, big ed

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad: Tech., tech. all you people ever talk about is tech. What the heck ever happen to aesthetics? What ever happen to function and form? Damn now we need another committee for all this. I'll bet it will all be BETA also.

Thanks
    wildman
    :mad: :p

14. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Graphics/paint design team o_O

15. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey wildguy,

Anyone who can correctly spell aesthetics would be a good candidate for Director of PR for the Team. Bigbuck, I'm sure, could handle any diagnostics necessary for any glitches such as hagments, spagments, or jetlagments. I was made adware that Snoopy's house is available so w/a few modifications we can create Dog's "Dream Machine"

Play on, big ed

16. bigbuck

Jetlagmentation! Damn! You're a thinker Ed! I hadn't even considered that...and I only flew just last month! I'm going to 'dejetlag' right now! You can never be too careful! I'm happy to look after the diagnostics team, but I'm starting to worry that with all these committees we seem to be lacking some hierarchical structure......Who will we report to?

17. dog

dog Guest

:ninja: dog :ninja:

18. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Well, I guess you must have seen Doggy's post. I thought that Detox was running the project but "The Dog" must have waylayed and bit him. Seeing that you have taken the chore of keeping everything on track you had better get your derabidization system up and running. To he.. w/structure. If Dog is going to cause us problems the project only has to get him off the ground. We can set it up so the wheels fall off on takeoff (the ole dewheelmentization ploy).

Play on, big ed

PS .... Don't let dog see this post

19. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Wilders Official guard DOG!!! :D

20. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Hey, I thought that personal attacks were not allowed. Now if you really want dog out of the way, I know of a few restaurants (in other parts of the world) who would love to have him.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :p

21. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey wildman,

You are absolutely right! However, Wilder's Geneva Convention Rules specifically state that beings w/4 paws that go Woof are fair game. Restaurants in this part of the world are not above performing the same public service. Just need to use a little "Duckel Sauce".

Play on, big ed

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  22. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Seems like I've arrived just in time to bring a modicum of sanity to this Historic project.....

#Firstly, have the brains of this out-fit gone to the trouble of figuring out the length of Run-way that's going to be required?...

#Secondly, if a runway has been discarded with a view to 'Vertical Take-off'...what type of fuel would be needed.....with some earlier experiments carried out quite by sheer accident (With emphasis on the Accident) by my intrepid self, I have discovered that 4 and a quarter pints of Mexican Cactus Curry can make the old tail rotate at an amazing amount of knots, certainly giving rise to a staggering amount of lift...I must add tho', a rather large surrounding clear area is required for this...Women and Children should NOT under any circumstances witness these experiments.......
    Your Comments Please.....

Cochise, :cool:

23. bigbuck

I'll bet there's "No Naked Flames" in the vicinity of that particular operation!.........And.......looks like we need another committee now!

24. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

what do you suggest Buck? :D

25. bigbuck

With all those dangerous gases around Cochise, I think we need an Occupational Health and Safety Committee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.