Formatting A DVD using INCD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DonKid, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I use a dvd to backup my HD using INCD.My problem is that everytime I want to backup, I have to erase the whole disk and format the whole disk and it took many hours.Is there another way or another program to format my dvd and save more time ?This problems happens since version 7.0 and with 8.0 too.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Just delete the previous image on the disc. You don't need to reformat. What burner do you have?

IMO at this point, lack of support for native DVD writing (non UDF) is inexcusable.

You can try DirectCD from Roxio. Be sure to completely uninstall InCD and remove any reg entries. If you don't, your computer will go boom. The two apps don't get along well at all.

In my experience InCD hasn't been the most stable app, I quit using it several months ago because of format problems, BSODs that mysteriously went away after InCD was uninstalled, write problems, read problems and compatibility problems between InCD versions (i.e. newer version of InCD couldn't read something written with an earlier version).

You can check out www.cdrlabs.com or www.cdfreaks.com if you want more info about UDF software.

3. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Taz,

Thanks for yor help.

I have A LG DVD burner GSA-4040 B, with the latest firmware.Well I think just installing Roxio´s easy cd creator, only for formatting my DVD it´s a waste of time, since I don´t need this program.Any program that I can use instead of InCD or Roxio´s ?

Sometimes, I miss V2i Protector. It doesn´t need any kind of program to format my DVD before saving my backup and has a very good tool that can check the integrity of images automatically after backups finishes, two things that until today, Acronis is a step behind.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

4. noonie

noonie Registered Member

DonKid
    In reference to your request for a burning program;

1-CopytoDVD does cdr/cdrw and all flavors of dvd.
    2-DvdInfoPro is a good freeware/shareware prog that can erase/quickformat dvd/rw
    3-Plextools is one of the best but it only works with Plextor drives (I see you have an LG)

All of the above programs first of all are simple, and will erase/format a dvd in approx 2 min. The best feature of all three of these progs, is that when you exit them they are gone; period. No lingering in memory etc as some of the more bloated packages. Nothing at all stays resident.
    If you are interested in dvd movie backup, 1ClickDVDCopy is a program you can download and purchase for movie backup, but it comes bundled with CopytoDVD so you essentially get it free. Using CopyToDVD I might get 1 coaster in 50 using any brand media.
    BTW It sounds like V2I Protector you refer to, just quick erases/formats you /rw media without telling or prompting you first, which can be nice.

5. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Thanks for your help.
    I'll check them all.

Best Regards,

DonKid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.