Format DVD-RW before writing image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donurlaub, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donurlaub

donurlaub Registered Member

Hello,

is it possible that Acronis True Image 9.0 build 3.641 formats an DVD-RW before writing the image on it?

And how can i stop true image to eject the dvd after burning?

Thx

Don

2. donurlaub

donurlaub Registered Member

Can anybody help me?
    Please?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Don,

I'm not familiar with Build 3641 (German version?). Does it provide direct imaging to DVD without the use of third-party UDF packet writing software (e.g. Nero InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disk)? Also, do you have any such UDF packet writing software installed and enabled? If so let us know what it is.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello donurlaub,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that the build 3641 and higher of the Gernman versions of Acronis True Image does provide you with the ability to write directly to DVD discs without using any third-party software. It also allows you to erase the re-writable DVD disk if it is not enough space on this disk to place the backup archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. bottom

bottom Registered Member

may i append another question:

- what dvd file-format is TI using ?
    udf 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0x

or in other words:
    how can i assure that a scheduled backup task won't abort
    just because the dvd-rw OR dvd-ram doesn't have the correct format ...?

thx in advance

bottom

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bottom,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has a capability of writing backups directly to both blank unformatted DVDs (see the respective FAQ Article) and UDF formatted DVD media.

In case of using blank unformatted DVDs Acronis True Image utilizes it's own DVD-recording module which uses ISO file system.

If you are using UDF formatted DVDs then the respective UDF packet DVD-wrtiting software has to be running in the Windows "background" so that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home was able to save backups to such DVDs. The only limitation in this case is that UDF versions higher than 2.01 are not supported when Acronis True Image is operating in Linux-based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using the 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. If DVDs are formatted into UDF version higher than 2.01, the backups will not be visible for Acronis True Image in the above mentioned Acronis Rescue Environment.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.