Forgotten Password

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jimboone, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimboone

Jimboone Registered Member

I have just done something very stupid. I put every security option on processguard and then locked it. Now i can't remember the damn password and processguard is stopping me from entering some other applications. I have tried every password that I've ever used in my life and I can't get in. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the files, and others, but I can't get it to work. Please help me before I rip my hair out.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

have you tried all the passwords in both upper and lowercase -just in case cap lock was on? could be case sensitive.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

If all else fails you will probably need to uninstall in safe mode: Safe mode can be reached by rebooting and pressing F8 just BEFORE windows starts to load.
    Go to the start menu and then ProcessGuard and select uninstall.
    You will then have to remove the pguard.dat and PGhash.dat from the windows\system32 folder if they are still there.
    Then reinstall PG, you will have lost all your previous settings unfortunately.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.