Forgot how to renew using new purchase

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by reynald, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reynald

reynald Registered Member

The license on my laptop's NOD32 just expired. I bought a new NOD32 CD and want to use its key to get a new license for my existing installation. I've done this before but have forgotten the procedure.
    I know I don't go through Renew on the ESET website; then I'd be paying again. It seems the only other option is Activate, but that starts with filling out a form to create a new customer account, which I already have. Can anyone clue me in? Do I go through Activate and just create another account?

2. reynald

Nobody knows?

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since you have a "60-day grace period", define "just expired" Please ?

How do I renew my license?

4. wshrugged

wshrugged Registered Member

Bubba-
    I renewed over the phone last time. If you renew online does your license get extended 1 year from your previous expiration date or 1 year from the date you renew. I had a bad experience with a different company.
    Thank you

5. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

If there is an issue with the expiration date just email or phone the office. They will correct it for you.

BFG

6. reynald

No, what I’m talking about isn’t technically a renewal of my existing license. I bought a new copy of NOD32 and want to use its activation code to continue using my existing installation, without having to reinstall. I’ve done this before; I just don't remember the whole sequence. I think I have to register all over again at www.eset.com/activate, be emailed a new Username & Password, and enter those in my existing installation. Or something like that.

7. reynald

FYI, just to wrap up the thread, I did what I described above and it worked. Just pasted in the new Username & PW. In case anyone's wondering why I did this instead of a standard renew -- it can be cheaper this way if you buy a new copy on sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.