for win7 what would you say is the best sole purpose image program

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im looking for a very light sole purpose backup/restore for my mom to use. no extras needed. would like to be able to mount the image though. and has to be win7 fully compatible. i like shadow protect but she doesnt want to spend that much, and imo acronis is just way bloated and ive had mixed results with it in the past anyway... i have not tried the newest version 10 though...

any suggestions for me? her system is a bit older but it will run 7 and she only uses it for internet and her pictures and word etc... so im hoping to find something really lightweight. one other feature i would like to see it have (may never be needed for her but i think it would be wise to have) is the ability to restore images to different size drives.. this is one area acronis always did work well for me.

thanks

looking at image for windows, macrium paid version free is nice but is lacking a bit it seems and still looking for other options as well

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. noons

noons Registered Member

Terabyte Image for windows is extremely lightweight and there are no background services running all the time.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sorry to add but i would also like it to do incrementals for her.. so she does not always have these huge backup images on here backup drive..

image for windows looks okay from the screens but are there any options or just a one click backup restore. from the screens i dont see much of anything shown.. thanks

4. noons

noons Registered Member

It does offer differential backups which size wise are pretty good they are just slower then incrementals. No one click restore though :( From the sounds of it and your requirements honestly your best bet would be Acronis 2010. I do like shadowprotect, but find it ridiculously overpriced .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.