for using true image clone nt4 to other pc with difference hardware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thomas wong, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomas wong

thomas wong Guest

Hi, I am using Ture Image to clone the harddisk on NT4 Server to a newer PC, but fail to load the NT4 in new PC. How can I do if I want to do that??

thx...

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

This may get more attention in the true Image forum. I will ask a mod to move it and hopefully you get more help. Good luck.

Hope this helps,

Chris

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Thread moved from Acronis MigrateEasy forum to Acronis True Image forum. (Thanks Chris) ;)

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Guest

Did you clone the whole harddisk, or just a partition? If you choose to clone only a partition, the boot code on the original harddisk (the Master Boot Record - MBR) will NOT be included in the image. And without the MBR, the system will never boot. Please check the "Read Before You Post" sticky for instructions on to fix the MBR.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

My guess is you need to Sysprep the NT4 server before cloning the hard drive followed by a Windows NT4 "repair" install on the new PC in order to load the new device drivers etc.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.