for those who use chrome and rely on the bookmarks button

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it has been removed from the newest dev build and they say they have no intention of bringing it back. which imo just plain sucks. i do not use the bookmarks bar i used the switch to add the button instead. i am trying out a extension but its very slow and seems to slow the browser down some.. just wanted those to know if you are on the dev build and update or are thinking about it.

to ask another question does anyone know of a really good bookmarks button extension that works FAST and does not slow down the browsero_O i tested a number of them and so far all for me are not as ood as the built in switch was..

2. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

zfactor thsat's one of the reason i found unacceptable in chrome,sware iron,etc..the bookmark bar...but i found a solution you may try id from another site..or maybe you tried it already

Code:
    http://www.chromeplugins.org/google/chrome-tips-tricks/adding-bookmark-button-your-toolbar-windows-9370.html

3. zfactor

thats my point the link you posted no longer works in the newest dev builds and according to them they have no intent on bring that back. they have removed the bookmarks menu from the latest builds..

4. norky

norky Registered Member

Yep, it's gone and I hate that it's gone. Really hate it. I also am not caring much for the new consolidated menu stuff.

I've been using Chrome as my main browser for sometime but I'm going to check out the Firefox beta (not just because of the missing bookmark button).

5. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

6. zfactor

testing this

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ffmdedmghpoipeldijkdlcckdpempkdi

and the one you posted as well as one called quick bookmarks,

the one you posted is a bit slow and does not render all the icons properly. it also lacks any adjustments of options. the one linked to so far is blazing fast and allows everything to font size to be adjusted. though i wish they would just bring back the stinking built in one..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.