For those afraid of CTM, GotD has AyRecovery!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Today!

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Gave it a whirl and it wouldn't accept the registration key supplied.

3. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Me not afraid. I have a paid license for Eaz-Fix Pro but for the last 4 months I have been using CTM. I am curious about the giveaway, how long are giveaways usually good for?

4. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I did without annoyances:
    . In Product ID - the License key supplied.
    . The Registration Code is obtained online.
    One year: Evaluation expires in 367 Days.

Installation monitored with ZSoft Uninstaller.

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I couldn't get it to register either. Took a quick look at it tho. Very similar to CTM which I think has licenced some of the technology in theirs from Ayue

6. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I installed AyRecovery on a virtual WinXP machine using this offer - no problems. It looks like a clone of Rollback Rx, which I also recently tried after reading this thread. It has almost the same interface/options. Similar boot screen (i.e. press HOME to enter Recovery console on boot). Snapshots are almost instantaneous, and recoveries are fast too, plus same restrictions.

RollbackRx is an excellent piece of software but comes with a number of restrictions that also apply to AyRecovery. Namely, you cannot defrag the system except with the included defragmenter, and you should not change anything on protected partitions when AyRecovery is not monitoring the changes - that is, you should not boot with a recovery disk (e.g. BartPE) and make changes to C: (or whatever the system partition is) or your system may fail.

For details on how RollbackRx works, read the thread I linked to above (I assume AyRecovery works the same way).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.