Folder Monitoring Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Alright iTunes is really a devil, but having used it and editing it for a custom install it really isnt slow, laggy, or bad at all.

The one thing I hate that iTunes cant do is automatically detect new folders and files in the selected media folder so that brings me here. Im looking for a program that will monitor my specific music folder and automatically import those files into iTunes Library for me. I wont use the built in iTunes auto sync folder because I have a 1.5TB HD thats all sorted and by using the iTunes folder I would defeat my sorting scheme. Not to mention I would have to put all my music in there and I dont really want 35Gbs of HD space on my laptop taken up.

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Maybe the RealtimeSync program installed with FreeFileSync would be helpful.

3. whitedragon551

Im not familiar with either of those programs. Is it built into Windows?

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

5. whitedragon551

I have downloaded it and installed it, but I dont see how it can automatically import songs into iTunes.

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

7. whitedragon551

Attached Files:

8. whitedragon551

Alright guys. I have had a chance to use this and I must say Im very impressed.

This program reads the iTunes XML library, compares it with the selected folders and add what ever isnt there. If you have iTunes configured to import album art and auto volumize it will do so after the import. Took about 4 seconds to import a full album and took iTunes another 15-20 seconds to get album art and auto volumize the album.

This is a keeper for automated iTunes updates if you are looking for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.