Folder Lock Stealth Mode Question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TheRegime, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRegime

TheRegime Registered Member

I have a lot of files I keep in Folder Lock from time to time. But randomly I was searching for something in my Start Menu search bar on Vista, and some files that are hidden popped up. I clicked on them and could open them freely. I opened Folder Lock and seen that they are hidden and it is in stealth mode. I even went to the directory to see if the files were hidden and they were hideen.

So why is it I can easily find locked/hidden folders/files with the simple start menu search bar? is there a way to make them completely hidden?

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I know there are many of these apps around but I have yet to find one that works. If you want to hide and protect files/folders, container type encryption is the only way to go!

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Where's the value in these "hide folder" applications? ANY live Linux CD can see all of their "hidden" folders with no problem. Container encryption is the ONLY way to go (if you really want to hide something.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.