FMV Viewer+liveupdate+SG issues

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by WARRAVEN, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARRAVEN

WARRAVEN Registered Member

Hello! I have had this problem for a while and after searching for the issue in other areas and finding no such problem anywhere on the web or any help anywhere else, I discovered something. My problems with windows installer are related to Spyware Guard. My problem is as follows: Whenever I startup my computer and get into windows, it tries to install something called "FMV Viewer 2.0". It then finishes its scan of the computers "configuration" it stalls out(Starts the installation bar again, and gets 25% through then stops) because it needs a certain file to complete the installation. The file is called "FMV Viewer.msi". I just keep hitting cancel on it and after three pop-ups of it trying to do this, it finally stops(I have to cancel anyways because I can't find the file). It happens EVERY startup. None of my friends have the file, and microsoft and most of the internet(google, hotbot, forums,etc.) hasn't heard of it(the file, FMV viewers are abound).

The reason I say it is linked to spyware guard is that utilizing wintasks I found the source .exe of this fmv viewer installer, and it said that the .exe is spyware guards.exe. So, I opened up spyware guard to see if I could find out whats wrong. Everytime I press "live update" The FMV glitch starts up again. Except it only takes one cancel/failure to stop. Then liveupdate continues like nothing happened and even updates prefectly. Does anyone know whats wrong?

raven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.