Floppy Drive Scanned Opening My Computer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by eroq, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eroq

eroq Registered Member

Hello Friends,

After some testing I have seemed to narrow the source of an annoying bug. I have just done a clean install of Windows 8 x64 and all was working fine. Then I installed ESET Smart Security 5.2.15.0 and every time I open My Computer the floppy drive is scanned. It's a bit annoying so I'm hoping there may be a fix to stop this.

In Advanced setup I unchecked Diskette Access and added A:\ to Exclusions but the floppy drive is still scanned when I open My Computer.

Thanks for any help.

E

2. culla

culla Registered Member

just use something else
    ESET Smart Security seems to have a lot of problems [its always in the new posts at wilders]

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello eroq,

Go to advanced setup, expand the computer section, removable media,by the option action to take after inserting a removable media: select the option show scan options click on ok to confirm.

Another section where you should uncheck floppy drive insertion option is also under computer, realtime file system protection click on ok.

Normally now the floppy drive will not be scanned.

Regards,
    Niels

4. eroq

eroq Registered Member

Thanks for your responses culla and Niels. It kept scanning my floppy so I just disabled my floppy for now. Much quieter now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.