Floppy drive problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Igraz, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igraz

Igraz Registered Member

After installing Nod32 on WinXP pro, i now have problems reading disks on my Floppy drive A. Whenever i try to read the contents on my floppy drive i now get this error from WinXP:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows - Drive Not Ready

The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive A: and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see all the files listed on the floppy disk, but that message window keeps on popping up time & time again whenever i close it. Also, i cannot scan the floppy disk for viruses since it keeps on giving me that error when i try to. :(

EDIT: I definately know NOD32 is the cause of this problem since i did a system restore to before i installed NOD32 and the floppy drive worked again as normal. But as soon as i installed NOD32 again, the floppy drive wouldn't work again.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I tried to do a scan this week with Nod of a floppy disk on 2 different systems, it locked both systems up solid, had to hold the power button in and reboot, I couldn't persist any further, too embarassing have 2 computers lock up in front of a client :rolleyes:

Hopefully Eset are aware of this problem...

Cheers :D

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Igraz

You aren't using two antivirus programs at once are you?

I can scan A: drive on my xp machine with no problems.

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  4. Igraz

Igraz Registered Member

Yes i am. But i have the 2nd anti-virus program installed on a virtual PC (VMware Workstation running WinXP pro). I use the virtual PC to browse the net & download stuff off Kazaa, and i don't have to worry about viruses and trojans as much, since the virtual PC's are isolated from the real OS, unless u network them together. But i guess since both anti-virus programs are watching the floppy drive for viruses, that's causing the problem. It's strange that it doesn't effect any of my CD rom drives though. I guess i'll just have to disconnect the floppy drive on my Virtual PC then ....hehe :D

Last edited: May 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.