Floppy drive problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Igraz, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igraz

Igraz Registered Member

After installing Nod32 on WinXP pro, i now have problems reading disks on my Floppy drive A. Whenever i try to read the contents on my floppy drive i now get this error from WinXP:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows - Drive Not Ready

The drive is not ready for use; its door may be open. Please check drive A: and make sure that a disk is inserted and that the drive door is closed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see all the files listed on the floppy disk, but that message window keeps on popping up time & time again whenever i close it. Also, i cannot scan the floppy disk for viruses since it keeps on giving me that error when i try to. :(

EDIT: I definately know NOD32 is the cause of this problem since i did a system restore to before i installed NOD32 and the floppy drive worked again as normal. But as soon as i installed NOD32 again, the floppy drive wouldn't work again.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I tried to do a scan this week with Nod of a floppy disk on 2 different systems, it locked both systems up solid, had to hold the power button in and reboot, I couldn't persist any further, too embarassing have 2 computers lock up in front of a client :rolleyes:

Hopefully Eset are aware of this problem...

Cheers :D

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Igraz

You aren't using two antivirus programs at once are you?

I can scan A: drive on my xp machine with no problems.

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  4. Igraz

Igraz Registered Member

Yes i am. But i have the 2nd anti-virus program installed on a virtual PC (VMware Workstation running WinXP pro). I use the virtual PC to browse the net & download stuff off Kazaa, and i don't have to worry about viruses and trojans as much, since the virtual PC's are isolated from the real OS, unless u network them together. But i guess since both anti-virus programs are watching the floppy drive for viruses, that's causing the problem. It's strange that it doesn't effect any of my CD rom drives though. I guess i'll just have to disconnect the floppy drive on my Virtual PC then ....hehe :D

Last edited: May 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.