Flipped back to XP Pro

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Not that I dont like Vista, because I do,and its never been a headache for me so much, just niggly things, that I can solve, but I decided to Flip back to XP for a While, at least untill I can get my hands on a Intense system ( posted earlier about the one I'm looking at) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1037376#post1037376

I also flipped back to my original security apps on XP i.e Outpost Pro/Spy Sweeper/NOD32....and all run like a bullet, extra fast and smooth on my AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41Ghz 2.GB RAM

I'm going to run XP till I grab that System and hopefully Vista SP1 will be out then too :cool:

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I really haven't used Vista Ultimate that much and only when I've worked on something. Between Microsofts OSes I'm using xp 99.99% of the time.

But its not just vista, the fine print worries me.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Its not just Microsoft, I know several software that checks its legitimacy, and some even install an Anti-Piracy warning on your Computer, if it detects its not legal. This Piracy warning send the users Information back to its Vendors, the Piracy Warning is Also almost impossible to remove, without System Restore ( which doesnt always remove) it, or reformatting :doubt:

As I mentioned, its not that I dont like Vista, I just feel for the likes of Ultimate users like myself, a more robust and faster Machine than a Dual Core 2.41Ghz is needed to run Vista to its full Capacity :'( Which can cost anything in excess of $4000 as shown in the First post of this topic.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

vLite to the rescue! My system is worse than yours but I can run Vista reasonably ok.

Even without vLite, your system should be good for Vista. Dual-core and 2Gb of memory, cmon!

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You are a good man. I knew you had it in you!
    A brave and wise move.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.