Flash Player updated !

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by abu shofwan, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Ok that's quite a nice system :D What about the latest graphic drivers? Also I've never found a use for the WMP plugin, usually WMP content will simply open WMP, no idea if it will help though.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

So is 11 officially released or what?

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yep, most recent drivers as well. I don't know if it's a thing about hardware acceleration or what the deal is. I know there for a while Mozilla blacklisted a lot of cards, mine included, so maybe in IE9 hardware acceleration is an issue too. I don't think that would cause the constant blank Flash boxes or streams freezing/stuttering, but maybe it would.

Flash is the only problem I have on IE9 though, for both 32 and 64 bit. Otherwise, it's a great experience. Perhaps it's due to the Active-X control (not blaming active-x itself, but maybe Flash acts different with it)?

4. elapsed

Does flash have the ability to turn off acceleration? If not you could try turning off the IE one. (first option in the advanced settings) It does sound a bit like an acceleration issue.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yes, it's official. I'm hoping this will drive the other browsers to move forward with their own 64 bit versions. From the digging around though, it doesn't seem like Chrome is all that much in a hurry :doubt: Firefox can be had, if you're willing to brave the nightly channel.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yes it does, actually. I think I tried that in the 32 bit version and it didn't help. However, I'm going to do it again, just so I know for certain. My only question would be why do I not have these issues in Firefox even with acceleration enabled?

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Damn! Now you tell me. WOT doesn't work in it either.

Well I hope they aren't expecting a cheque from me LOL! :D

8. Hungry Man

I've done a fair bit of digging. Chrome 64bit is on the way, it's been underway for months. V8 is done being ported to 64bit.

I believe the thing holding them up is moving the sandboxing to 64bit.

That was posted by a Google employee.
    64bit flash is done. Build support is nothing. V8 is ported.

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I was wrong about Protected Mode :) See above from Funky. As for Yahoo, lol, they've pretty much made their own bed.

10. elapsed

You'll need a 64bit version of the WOT plugin.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I hope it gets done soon. Maybe now that 64 bit Flash support is official, they'll work extra hard at it.

As to my original issue, disabling hardware acceleration in Flash didn't do much. I'm still suffering the lockups, the blank video screens and all that. I really am not sure what the problem is.

12. Daveski17

All those annoying adverts on their site (unless you have ABP ;) ) & they still can't make any spondoolies! That's not a bed they've made, but a badly strung hammock over a pit full of spikes LOL.

13. Daveski17

I'll mention it to them on their forums. ;)

Cor Blimey! That was fast!

14. Hungry Man

I hope it does as well. It's not a huge deal. I don't care about the security implementations since Chrome isn't insecure. PErformance will be nice if optimized for it.

15. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's where I got --http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe from o_O

I chose the non-IE version, considering I don't use IE.

-edit-

I just tried again and get the same file. No matter which version I download, I always get the same file, which is a download manager. I also tried the 64-bit version, just in case there was an issue with the 32-bit links, but I also get the download manager. :eek:

I could get it from Filehippo or Softpedia, but I'd prefer to get it from Adobe itself. This is crazy. :argh:

16. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

17. elapsed

No offense, but it might be an issue with your version of Chromium.

18. m00nbl00d

It downloaded the new version. I suppose they now place the version number on the file name, hence I couldn't download the new version with this link anymore -https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Or, they'll make it available later. Who knows... :D

I never really thought of checking the link you provided before. I just assumed it hasn't hit the official links yet. :D

I'll put it in my bookmarks. Next time I won't forget about it. :thumb:

Thanks

-edit-

Actually, the links differ a little bit. One is -https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe (old version) and the other is -https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe

19. m00nbl00d

No offense taken... lol

20. Hungry Man

Those are fighting words.

21. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Well, better than nothing I guess :p

Yes, with v12 perhaps. I see they added TLS support btw, hopefully they were smart and added support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 as well :D

22. Hungry Man

Better than nothing, yes. It's a bit more "random" but don't expect a ton.

23. elapsed

Few :D Some people take offense to these kinds of things, I recall you saying you used an old version so it was just a guess.

24. m00nbl00d

I used to, so that I could keep the compact navigation feature. But, I eventually had to move on. :D

I'm using a very recent build (Build 103555), actually.

I'll download a new one later on, and I'll see if the same file gets downloaded. If it does, then I'll have to unblock IE and enable my firewall rules and see if I can download the offline installer with it, just to reproduce steps. Then I'll report an issue to Chromium developers.

25. Daveski17

Speaking of which, I'm using Fanboy's. On the IE Gallery page there are others.

Is there any need of subscribing to more than one list?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.