flash killer setting

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Xecutioner, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xecutioner

Xecutioner Guest

I recently installed Spywareblaster then removed it. My question is- In the tools section under flash killer I (THINK) I check marked the box that says (disable and block Macromedia Flash). Now that I have removed Spywareblaster from my PC I cannot view any thing that uses Flash. How do I get Flash back? I have even tried going to the Macromedia site and re-downloading Flash to no avail. I am running Windows 2000Pro. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello Xecutioner

It would be best to post this in the SpywareBlaster Forum found here.

Best wishes

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Xecutioner,

Are you comfortable using REGEDIT to delete a key? Flash is prevented by setting the "kill bit" on its ActiveX control, just like all other SpywareBlaster ActiveX protections. The specific key that is preventing Flash from running is this one:

[pre]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}
    "Compatibility Flags"=dword:00000400[/pre]If you delete just that one key Flash will be re-enabled. If you aren't comfortable doing that, let us know and we'll give you other ideas.

FYI - That line that says "Compatibility Flags"=dword:00000400 is the "kill bit" setting. Remove that and the ActiveX control is no longer "killed".

I'll move this to the SpywareBlaster forum section shortly. Thanks QSection.

4. Xecutioner

Xecutioner Guest

Thanx...works now! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.