Flash Drive Destination Not Available

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zarzenz, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I have been using Drive Backup Pro to backup various files to my USB flash drive with no problems. However I was informed via email that I could upgrade to the latest version which is now called Backup and Recovery 10 Home. This I did and all seemed to be working fine until I came to backup the same files.

Now when I go to choose the backup destination, the flash drive is not listed there. All I see are the various partitions of my hard drive and the backup capsule and the network places, but no mention of the flash drive.

The flash drive is being seen by other elements of the program because if I go to the smart backup wizard it is shown there as a valid drive. However if I go to the disk view screen it is shown as not formatted, and yet it clearly is as there are files on it and these can be accessed with no problem outside the program.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

3. zarzenz

Thanks for your reply Mech_An and I may well do what you suggest and see if Paragon Support know anything about a possible bug in this new version.

I would still be very interested if any other users have updated to this version which is as follows:

Paragon Backup & Recovery™, version 10, build 10444 (14.07.10 ) Home

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 10444 (14.07.10 )
    hdm.dll, version 10.0, release 11, build 11844
    biont.dll, version 10.0, release 11, build 11844
    biont.sys, version 10.0, release 11, build 11844

If anyone has the same build maybe they could check for the same problem.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

zarzenz

I asked Paragon Support, it is bug. They will create service builds with fix.
    Please contact them to get fixed version.

5. zarzenz

Thank you very much Mech_An for finding this out, it was really good of you to do that. I'm so pleased there will be a fix issued for this bug.

Maybe they will release an update for download, or I can always do as you suggest and contact them directly to get the fixed version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.