Fix-It 7.0

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ljc1174, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

:D i'm using fix-it 7.0 and i have some inquiries about two troj's it found...just wondering what they are & so on...where do i post this question. I did do a search of the troj's names but nothing came up.

Thnx,

lori :blink:

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

The AV engine that VCOM uses is from Trend Micro. Take that whatever way you will. If I were you I would send the file(s) to a service that will scan it with multiple engines, such as this one. That way you will know if the file is malware or an FP.

Each AV product has a different way of naming malware, so doing a search for a specific name might not be the best approach. You could scan the files, at the site listed above, and see what name coresponds with a certain company, and then search for information that way.

Hope that helps.

3. ljc1174

ljc1174 Registered Member

Yes...it does help...I will look into those after I finish laundry!
    My issue with it was due to the fact that I opened IE and popups popped up! Though fixit said it was fixed...I knew something had to be there...it was...added to program files...found it...cleaned the registry and it's all gone now...but i'm a curious kat...i have to know where it came from and what it's intentions were.
    have a great weekend!
    ~lori :D

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Is sound like Fix-it did not, well, fix it. It might be worthwhile to try an oblie scanner and see what the results are, if indeed you are still infected. There are several of them to chose from. If I were you I would try either ESET's (here), or Kaspersky's (here). You mighgt also want to consider trying Dr Web's Cureit (here).

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.