Five levels in ThreatFire?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ichito, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I want to ask you what exactly means (what and how protects) each level of ThreatFire ? I spent much time online (at Wilders as well) and haven't found any clear explanation. Can anyone help?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Each level has a stronger level of heuretics. It will pick up on changes made on your system. I know that level 3 is default. I used to run it at lvl 4 when I was using it. Level 5 was very sensitive.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

As kjdemuth mentioned as the level increases so do heurisitics.You may think of the settings as very low,low,medium,high,maximum. It kinda goes from a behaviour blocker to somewhat like a hips with more noise.Its been a long while that I used it but If memory serves me, thats how I remember it.

4. d0t

d0t Registered Member

Is FireTreat updated? I read somewhere it was discontinued

5. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

Considering the activity at their forums (PC Tools, all products included) I would say we are not facing a corpse yet, but definitely a moribund body.

6. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

:thumb:
    Nice visual. Very precise.

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Also, IIRC Kees did an indepth and very insightful review. I don't have the link but if you do a search on wilders you should be able to find it. FWIU- the higher the sensitivity settings the lower the resource usage in Threatfire.

8. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Very thanks kjdemuth and djhon :) So it comes to their technology, which they called ActvieDefense - from FAQ
    "The patent-pending ActiveDefense technology is the most intelligent behavioral analysis technology available today."
    I'm still impressed by the possibility of TF and I really like this program. I used it mostly on 4 or 5 level and advanced settings (for example listening ports, outbound connections, registry protection, protection of my own folder) but unfortunately I also use Symantec EP and sometimes there was some conflicts...yes, I know the same technologies :)
    But until now I didn't know what are these levels of protection :rolleyes:

9. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

As fa as paid software goes, a similar program is Mamutu. If ThreatFire causes any issues, slowdowns, give Mamutu a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.