FirstDefense Rescue Plus DefenseWall & Returnil 2008 Per. Ed. Under Vista SP1

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by AwareSoul, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwareSoul

AwareSoul Registered Member

Out of curiosity, has anyone experienced any problems/conflicts while running FirstDefense Rescue at boot and alongside DefenseWall and Returnil 2008 personal edition under Vista SP1? Thanks in advance.

AwareSoul

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have WinXPproSP2, FirstDefense-ISR (not Rescue) and "DefenseWall HIPS" and I had never any problems.
    I admit, you have a different setup, BUT :
    1. FirstDefense-ISR and FirstDefense-Rescue are supposed to work under WinVISTA 32-bit.
    2. DefenseWall HIPS v2.20 works under "Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista 32-bit" according SoftSphere Technologies.
    So there shouldn't be any problem.

I also had Returnil for awhile and that worked also properly, but I didn't like the combination.
    To me it's either FirstDefense-ISR/Rescue OR Returnil, but not both, although some members use both successfully.

3. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

And I thought I was a belt and suspenders guy! :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The combination FDISR + Returnil in a normal snapshot makes sense as a replacement of a frozen snapshot, but Returnil in a frozen snapshot is absurd.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

That combination should be okay, but my experience is with XP Pro. Vista??, all bets are off.

6. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I am using FDISR (full) 3.30.230 alone is Vista 32 with a backup off site archive and an ATI image. I don't believe I would use a memory based virtual program because I am an avid gamer and Returnil, Deepfreeze, etc. has problems with large memory hungry games. I think I am fairly ready for the inevitable hard disk failure, corrupt file system, boogie man virus/trojan/rootkit/etc.

Yes, Returnil will work in a snapshot with Vista 32 but doing so just now is sailing in uncharted waters.

SourMilk out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.