First Try

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Logan5, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hi,

This is more of an observation than anything else. I just put NOD32 on my MacBook Pro (which I got this past Feb). The install went fine but what I noticed was that after it was done, the icon for Keynote in the Dock had changed to a question mark and the program itself would not work and was also gone from the application folder (it did still have Pages and Numbers).

I put Keynote back on and all seems well. One other issue is that where before NOD my Mac would shut down in 3 seconds it now takes upwards of 20 seconds. Still way faster than any PC I have ever owned but still not happy about the fact. I did submit this as feedback to ESET as well.

Logan

2. TONPumper

TONPumper Registered Member

Macs can't get viruses.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Maybe not Viruses, but Trojans and other kinds of malware Yes they can indeed.

And Yes, there are Viruses out there that was build long time ago for the classic Mac OS, but they won't work on the latest versions of Mac OS X.

4. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply but my concern is and was the fact that Keynote was messed up and that it now takes over 20 seconds to shut down my Mac where it was only taking 3 seconds before NOD32.

Logan

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I think you should contact ESET by E-mail since the problems tend to get solved faster that way.

6. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

I did submit feedback from their beta program page and have received an email back but they only seemed to have focused on the Keynote issue so I replied with the bigger issue of the long shut down time.

My Mac seems to run just fine and I do not notice any other issues at this point. But still debating on keeping it or not.

Logan

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good, now let's hope that they can solve both the issues. So you will be a happy user again:D

8. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Would be happy if they can at least solve the shut down issue. If not then who knows if I will keep it on.

Logan

9. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I am also running on my imac, running the beta 2.
    I also have the same shutdown problem and have reported this issue. Lets hope that they can sort it as everything else is spot on.

10. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

I am now running the ESET Cybersecurity for Mac - Release Candidate and it runs much better on my Mac. And my shut down issue is pretty much gone. No more 20 plus seconds, it now shuts down is about 6 seconds. Very Happy!

Logan

11. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Likewise. I am liking this program. I have tried other Mac AV's and this is the best of all of them.

12. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

rollers,

Yea at this point I will probably keep it on my Mac as it does not seem to slow it down or otherwise affect its performance :) I have NOD32 on my 2 PC's and have been happy with it for many years.

Logan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.