First-timer here, so take it easy on me please!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Powerstroke2000, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Powerstroke2000

Powerstroke2000 Registered Member

I've got a Pentium II machine, running Windows 98 SE, and it's uncomfortably slow!
    I have got a "toobar" that just appeared one day, and I have no way of figuring out how to rid myself of it. No right clicking of the toolbar, will give me any hint of deleting it!
    I've checked the "settings" in the Control Panel, and it is not showing itself in there.

Everytime "IE" is opened, it leaves two unwanted icons on my desktop, of which I have to manually delete each time I use IE.
    Also...pop ups are nearly continuous on this computer, which makes using it difficult.

Help is needed badly, and would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments.

Dale

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey Powerstroke2000!

Welcome to Wilders!!!

Can you please download and run HijackThis from

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/hijackthis.zip

and scan the system but do *not* try to fix anything yet as many of the items listed are necessary, instead press the "save log" button and copy and paste the log here for someone to review and advise on.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

that'll get you straight right quick, and to stay that way, spywareblaster would be an excellent download; especially since it's protection doesn't actually require an executable running in the background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.