First time ever disappointed with NOD ...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Acadia, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

... ok, ESET, I am getting pissed and this is definitely the first time that I have ever used that word here at Wilders.

I purchased NOD for my wife a couple of weeks ago after trialing it on her system for a couple of weeks. (I have used NOD on my system for some time, no problems). Last weekend she got a message that the trial period was 3 days past, well, HELLO!, I had bought the darn thing for her, there no longer was a trial period! But upon clicking whatever came up, I don't remember what it was, a bunch of MBs downloaded and everything seem cool.

Just now, she received another message, trial period is now 6 days overdue and no more signature updates will be received!

I dropped McAfee so she could switch to NOD, maybe I should have kept McAfee on her system. Two years with McAfee and not a single problem. Two weeks with NOD and AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Acadia

2. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Uninstall NOD32
    remove \program files\eset directory
    reboot
    install NOD32 again

and your problem is solved.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Install Nod and do what, pay for it all over again?!?!

Acadia

4. divedog

divedog Registered Member

Do you have the code to reactivate NOD? Sounds Like you have the trial version installed. You need the code that they send you to download the full version and then install the code.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

She has a UserName, a Password, and a confirmation number, but I have already used them twice to no avail.

Acadia

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

When you go to the Eset site to download a purchased version, it will not download without the correct info.
    Are you saying you cannot download the purchased version?

Attached Files:

7. divedog

It sounds like you have the trial version installed, it is for 30 days. you need to download and install the full version. You will know you are downloading the full version if it asks for a password before downloading. Try Here.
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

Don't download the 30 day version at the top of the page. Go down the page to where it says NOD for windows and pick the version you want.

8. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

On her NOD, under Update, there is an Upgrade to Full Version, or something like that. I clicked on that a couple of weeks ago, followed instructions, and thought that everything had worked.

The first time that we got the warning, I simply reentered her info, a bunch of MBs downloaded, and again th ..... AAARRRRGGGGHHHH ... she just received the message again as I was actually typing this!!! ... and again thought that everything was ok.

OK, now, evidently I am going to assume that I must uninstall her NOD and start over again. Now, when I go back to ESET to download, WHAT EXACTLY DO I DOWNLOAD, the free or the paid. How do I make them understand that we DO NOT OWE THEM ANY MORE MONEY!! I have already purchased two licenses from them and I'll be *^$(@* if I am going to purchase a third!

By the way, thank you all for this,

Acadia

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Download the purchased version using the info supplied by Eset. Do the uninstall-reinstall as noted above and you will be good to go.
    No need to worry about paying again.

10. divedog

You won't need to pay again. use the link in my last post, when you click on download for windows xp for example it will ask for a username and password as in Ronjors post enter the info and you're download will start, after you have it installed you will need to enter the code into NOD and you will be done.

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, guys, I will try that as soon as she gets out of her photography forum. :D

Acadia

12. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Acadia,

as mentioned by others - the upgrade from trial to full seems to be problematic on some machines - sorry, I have no more information than that, but it just WON'T WORK in some cases, or it works and then REVERTS. The only method is seems to work every time is the uninstall, remove eset folder from program files, reboot, then reinstall with the full version installer.

I know it's not re-assuring, but this is a problem that I've seen on a handful of machines, and completed many, MANY times that number completely successfully - I have no idea what the common thread in the failures is... but I know how to get rid of it - uninstall - remove - reboot - reinstall w/full installer - enter username/password - GONE!

hth

Greg

13. extratime

extratime Registered Member

When moving from Trial version to Full version it is always best to do an uninstall and a clean reinstall.

As long as you have a Username, Password and Confirmation number you can reuse it on the clean reinstall. No need to purchase NOD32 again

14. AlbertVerhulst

AlbertVerhulst Registered Member

If you pay for a NOD32 license for let's say 1 year,
    it means that you are allowed for one year to always download NOD32
    from the eset.com website. (don't have to pay again)

So when your harddisk crashes or you have a problem,
    you can always download the latest version and reinstall.

One reason why this problem could occur, is when you installed your trial version
    there might have been some remains of a previous other Anti virus on your system.

A good example of this is Symantec Norton anti virus, after uninstall,
    there is always a lot of that left behind on your system,
    preventing ANY OTHER Anti virus from a normal install.

That is why Symantec has a tool, to remove this ....
    see this: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

If this happened to your system, run the Symantec tool
    reboot
    and run the things in the first post of tuatara above in this thread.

Good Luck

15. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem with reverting upgraded evaluation version back was fixed by the beginning of February and the eval version installers were update. The problem would manifest after an upgrade to a full version providing that an incorrect username/password was used for update. Given that it's just a particular registry key it's quite easy to fix it, but doing a fresh installation of a full version would do the trick too. After the component upgrade 2.7 that is going to take place within a month this will be fixed permanently for everyone.

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I want to thank everyone for their input on this. (Sorry I sounded a bit frazzled last evening). I especially want to thank for the recommendation to delete the ESET folder; sure enough, after I uninstalled NOD, there was still an ESET folder (uninstall ala Norton! :D ). That prompted me to search the Registry, sure enough, there was also an ESET entry in the Registry so I deleted that also.

Downloaded NOD from the link provided above, entered the UserName and PW, install went smoothly and after reboot, NOD proceeded to download the latest signatures.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

Acadia

17. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Glad you got your problem solved. I can understand it's frustrating, but as people say, all's well that ends well. NOD's an excellent antivirus, I'm extremely satisfied with it. Hope you too. Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.