first defense and norton utilities.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ashishtx, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I want to know if there is any known issue with first defense and norton system works 2006 minus norton goback. Thank you.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

SHouldn't think so. I installed NIS2006 trial to look at it's resource usage. No issues, and FDISR made it go away perfectly.

3. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Thanks for the reply but i meant norton system works not norton internet security. I am concerned about the speed disk feature in the norton system works which defragments the hard drive.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay, now we have established I don't always read. Speed disk should be a problem. If you can exclude files, then exclude c:\$isr\0\$isrbin

If you can't exclude that file and it is moved then the next reboot you won't see the reboot screen. There after it will be there.

Ideally would be using Raxco's Perfect Disk which handles all that automatically.

Pete

5. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I current run Norton System Works 2006 Premier with FD-ISR with no problems. I think I've even ran Speed Disk without issue until I realized that Perfect Disk is a far superior product and ditched Speed Disk. Lately, Norton and I are not getting along. He insists on being an uncooperative prick and does not recognize me for who I am (master of my system). Before the days of FDISR, LiveUpdate decided to trash my systems, both laptop and desktop.

I could go on with the problems, i.e. notorious file count issues, but I would rather let you be the judge for yourself with Norton. Regarding FDISR and Perfect Disk, let me be the judge and simply buy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.