First day with ESS 1a

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Joliet Jake, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Very impressed overall. Runs very light, lighter than my NOD32 and Comodo firewall combination. I have everything maxed out for scans etc. Got some help in creating a rule for one app and everything has gone smoothly so far. I had thought that it was almost certain I'd be using NOD V3 AV and Comodo Firewall V3 but now I'm not so certain.:)

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Earlier today, I installed this on my laptop (replacing my regular setup of NOD32 AV with Comodo FW). After about 8-hours of operation, I haven't experienced any glitches and all seems to be working well. On the other hand, I don't find ESS' FW control panel nearly as organized or as user-friendly as Comodo and to my surprise, ESS is using about the same resources as my NOD32-Comodo combo! :doubt:

3. osip

osip Registered Member

Ekrn.exe takes ~25,0 Mb of RAM and egui.exe 2,1 on my machine...Lighter than that for AV/FW sec suite I hardly beleive is available.Hav´nt seen a single problem so far and I must say that this product have the lightest effect on my system comparing with other similar´s...Been a NOD32 user before and ESS runs even better ...A pleasure to use,looking forward to the final...

4. de jean

de jean Registered Member

here it runs lighter and faster than sygate pro + nod 2.7.37

5. veri

veri Registered Member

Also runs well for me, with resource usage comparable to or beating my sig in general.

6. JohnPlayer

JohnPlayer Registered Member

Running very well so far. Scans are quick,about 20 minutes on 2 x 300 gig drives.

7. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

ekrn.exe is taking only 13.6mb of ram and 1.2mb for egui.exe here. SO far I like ESS quite a bit.

8. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

ESS has been performing its major functions without any serious problems on my laptop for well over a week, so I'm convinced it's quite good (short of some missing 'bells & whistles'). But reminding myself it's a beta, I am now reverting to my NOD32-Comodo setup. ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.