First backup DVD wouldn't eject

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rosie49, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosie49

Rosie49 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a new ATI owner who attempted to create her first backup image yesterday. Before doing so I read a lot of messages on this Forum, which were very helpful. I appreciate the effort which so many experienced users make to assist newbies like me :).

I was trying to do a full backup of my C: drive to DVD+RW discs, which I had pre-formatted in my Plextor PX-716UF drive using Roxio's Drag-to-Disc. All seemed to be going well with the first disc, but after it was completed a screen came up with two options, neither of which was something straightforward like "eject this disc." I can't even tell you what those options were, because the confusion which followed completely wiped that memory from my mind. And I had not seen this screen in the PDF manual, or run across it in any of the Forum messages.

All I know is that the option I clicked did not produce any result at all, such as the disc being ejected so I could insert the next one, or showing any further prompts. I did wait for a while, but nothing happened, so I tried clicking the other option. Again, nothing. Finally I tried to eject the disc using the button on the drive, but that too was unsuccessful.

At that point I bowed to the inevitable and cancelled the backup. But even after exiting TI, I could not get the disc to eject. I rebooted and found that not only would the disc not eject, Windows Explorer was no longer showing my Plextor drive at all!

At that point I phoned Plextor's tech support. The typically excellent gentleman who answered tried a bunch of tricks to get the drive to open, none of which worked; but (as I recall) finally a combination of reconnecting the USB cord and sticking a paperclip in a hole on the front of the drive did the job, and I finally removed the disc. Another reboot showed the burner once again with its proper drive assignment.

If anyone can tell me what the options were on that screen after the first disc was burned, and what I should've done, I am willing to try again. But I sure don't want a repeat performance with the paperclip :).

Thanks for reading, and for any insights or suggestions!

Rosie49

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rosie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify me the following?
    - What version (build) of Acronis program do you use?
    - You cannot see your Plextor drive now, am I correct?
    - Did the problem appear when you format your DVD with Roxio's Drag-to-Disc?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Rosie49

Rosie49 Registered Member

--I am using Build 889.
    --Yes, I can see my Plextor drive. It re-appeared when I rebooted the computer after the Plextor tech support guy got the disc to eject
    --No, the problem appeared after TI finished writing to the first DVD

Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.