First auto update problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I ran the trial version of NOD without any update problems at all. I have been running the full version for a month or so now happy to see when I boot my notebook NOD collected any updates before I could even check myself.

Oever the last few days I have had to click to check for an update and found there was one each time. I was prompted for my password which I had to re-type into the box and the update downloaded without problems. Normally I like to check all my software for updates before doing anything but NOD is the only one I was happy about it finding the updates without me.

Time Module Event User
    04/05/2005 18:13:43 Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401

04/05/2005 18:13:43 Update Update attempt failed (Incorrect username or password.)

Time Module Event User
    06/05/2005 07:53:52 Update Function: DownloadAuthorization, parameters: , return value: 401

The only change I made to my computer was installing MSBA and this loads at start up now - it was only after this NOD didn't like to go for an update - could this be the reason as I will configure MSBS not to load (hopefully) if I thought it was conflicting with NOD :'(

Edit: just checked MSBAS - no blocked events logged so this is mostl likely not be the reason. I really would like to know why NOD wants my password when it is already there o_O
    Thank you for any advice.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Your Username and Password are incorrect, can you please re-enter them in the Control Centre> Update> update> Setup.

Cheers :D

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear, I am using my main computer now but I did type my user name and password over again and manually found the update.

Are there 2 places to copy the user name and password into? I will check my settings as soon as I have my notebook on and see if I have only set them again in the one place (hopefully there is two places and this is the reason my auto didn't work) o_O

4. Blackspear

My pleasure.

Easily done, we always recommend to copy and paste the UN and PW in, being careful not to add a space before or after each, as this will be seen by Nod32 as part of the UN or PW.

Indeed there is; 1 is the Control Centre> Update> update (which is where it needs to go). The other is in a popup box that appears when a UN or PW is found to be incorrect. However the popup box does not retain the UN and PW. So I really don’t see the point of it having the ability to place them in, rather it should just be a warning box.

Hope this helps…

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again Blackspear - it was the popup box which I typed into therefore it will not retain the setting. I have still some things to do on my main PC but will follow your directions later when I have my notebook on again.

Thank you so much as I am sure now I just need to fix the control panel one - will post back and let you know ;)

6. Blackspear

No worries, for a screenshot, see post number 50 and 51 here.

7. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Blackspear, just to let you know the auto update worked without issue this morning :) I am not at all sure why the password went wrong but when I copied it into the box which remembers my update is back to normal now ~ thank you ~

8. Blackspear

Good to see, and my pleasure ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.