Firewalls?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nixie21, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

I have a laptop that is a little older and want to conserve resources, right now I use zonealarm pro, is there another GOOD SAFE firewall that uses much less resources? I guess the real questions is:

What is the lowest resource useing safe firewall??

To even expand on my question, I use sygate pro, for my main computer, Not thinking of resouces or money, what is the BEST firewall to protect this computer.......
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Lightest on resources would be x-Wall or Look n Stop. Most effective outbound filtering would generally be Look n Stop or Outpost. I've got quite a bit of respect for Sygate, however. People have been having good luck with Jetico in both areas, but it's still beta software from what I understand, so you're more likely to run into problems.

4. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

LnS seems to be recommended by a lot of people for low resouces and safety, inbound and outbound, looks like i will give it a try.....thanks

5. -z3r0-

-z3r0- Registered Member

How does OUTPOST stack up with LnS and Zone Alarm?

I am thinking of going with there christmas package but cant find any reviews on it?

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Outpost has very good outbound protection, also includes content filtering and all that stuff, but is heavier on resources. If my choices were limited to OP and ZA, I would choose OP without a second thought.

7. -z3r0-

-z3r0- Registered Member

My choices arent limited to those I am open to anything. I am looking for something good but that doesnt chew up alot of resources

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.