Firewalls & Latest (13) MS Updates Problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Edit: It appears the MS Updates Problem blame may be on Tuesday's Update KB977165 with some posting, also, that with the FW's below Disabled their Update Install issues disappeared.. I Disabled ESS V4 Realtime & FW, SuperAS and Malwarebytes Real-time, HID KB977165 in MS Custom Install, and Installed the other 11 Updates in groups of 5,3,3 Without Issue.

(2nd EDIT:) On 2/14 I disabled apps again and went ahead and installed KB977165 Without Issue. This post has become unnecessary as things progressed, I guess, but I can't delete it. It remains if anyone will post if they've installed all 12 with ESS V4 and other Security Apps ALL Active.

I have seen both Comodo and ZA blamed for download and/or install problems re: latest MS updates. A few (non-related posts) posted their computer is completely locked-up after Updates attempts.

Has anyone downloaded Tuesday's Update set with ESS V4 "ON" and what's the real danger of disabling the V4 FW and other Apps' Real-time function to minimize conflicts? I think Malwarebytes Real-time has interfered with 2 Apps lately (disappeared after Real-time disabled temporarily) so I'm getting paranoid about important downloads with certain modules active.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.