FirewallLeak X Process Guard

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SoRaTpT, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoRaTpT

SoRaTpT Registered Member

Hi

I would like to use Kaspersky Anti-Hacker 1.7 but as it is vulnerable to many firewall leak, I wonder if I combine this firewall with Process Guard n Firefox could I protect it against these leaks ?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi SoRaTpT

... and welcome to Wilders :)

Process Guard would protect you from potential exploits like the leaktests.
    So if you are happy with KAH as a firewall, stick with it. If you feel you need the additional protection that PG offers, it would compliment your firewall nicely.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You can protect against quite a few leaktests with ProcessGuard installed, more than a lot of firewalls and some that no firewall can protect against. So combined with a firewall like KAH which isn't good against the leaktest methods it can make a good combination. Especially if there is something about KAH you like which isn't available in another firewall.

However if your main aim is to protect against leaktests there are better firewalls that you could match with ProcessGuard to get the most protection against these "methods". :)

We have tested KAH with ProcessGuard and have found no issues with combining them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.