firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Again I have tried a new version. the following occur on both pc's.
    windows 7 64 bit:
    Asus Crosshair IV
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    8gb ddr3

xp pro 32 bit
    msi platinum
    AMD 940be
    4 gb ddr2
    (both wired to bt home hub)

closing windows into different modes, ie sleep shut down. creates new networks in eset.
    switching networks adaptors adds new networks in eset. not just the once but everytime. I have loads of networks on just one pc.
    have to disable ids detection in eset to stop firewall log writing never ending messages.
    massive latency spikes on age of conan, lord of the rings when it's kicking off (lots happening)
    random disconnects in world of warcraft.

I used to get odd entires in firewall log on v3 (on vista 32 bit)
    but v4 just hates something in my network, and I cannot find another firewall that has a problem. just eset.
    I have tried all of the four network drivers for my nic all the same, it's also the same with homehub firewall off.
    This is just for your information by the way. i was just looking it's un-installed now.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Probably you have authorization of the Trusted zone according to a NIC parameter that changes in time (local IP, DNS IP, DHCP IP, etc.). Set authorization by a parameter that is constant and does not change or add your local subnet to the Trusted zone manually.

Could you please post here some examples?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.