Firewall

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dkb, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkb

dkb Registered Member

Hi
    Please can someone advise on what I need to do to input the Firewall settings so I can install Acronis True Image? Do I set up port forwarding on our router and assign the ports the IP addresses detailed below?

Also, Where do I put the multicast addresses?

This is the bit I'm not sure about.

2.2.2 Firewall setup
    Acronis True Image for Microsoft Small Business Server uses the following ports and IP
    addresses for remote operation:

server (Acronis True Image Agent) UDP port: 9876
    server (Acronis True Image Agent) TCP port: 9876, if busy choose a port at random
    client (Acronis True Image Management Console) UDP port: 9877, if busy choose a port
    at random

IPv4 multicast address: 239.255.219.45
    IPv6 multicast address: FF05::fAA5:741E.

Please help!:D

2. 62cwil

62cwil Registered Member

Not sure what you are asking but all I have ever done and understand you have to do is disable the firewall and antivirus protection and then install and then re-activate them. Has worked for me last 5 years.

3. dkb

dkb Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

In the installation instructions it says

What I'm confused about is where I need to input these details for the software to function correctly. I'm even more confused about the IPv4 and IPv6 multicast addresses.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Most modern security progs will detect ATI and make appropriate settings. How to manually change such settings depends on the particular software and you should contact the firewall maker for info on those instructions.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All ,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Check the following article, the article describes how to manually open ports in Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) in Windows XP. Follow this link.

You can also contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and ask for any technical or presale questions.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.