Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Sjoeii, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

All

I've been out of this ESS testing for a while. What is the current status of the firewall in ESS? What is your opinion on this firewall?

2. binkko

binkko Registered Member

automatic mode----just like the firewall in xp sp2
    interactive mode----just like most firewalls,but not satisfying
    administrator mode----hardly used

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although I am NOD reseller and you may find my opinion not so honest , I will honestly tell you that the firewall is really good in my opinion . I am planning to install ESS final on all my computers and use it only (without Windows Firewall).

Automatic mode is suitable for all kind of users because it provides you with the protection you need .
    Interactive mode is useful for more advanced users who prefer to know which software wants outside access and with Interactive mode you can save your choice , this means that after a day or two surfing it will have saved your choice and in future only new programs may ask for permission.

Read the Help file more to find the function where the firewall can recognise changed files and all modules will work to identify/block the file . In the help there is more info . I really like this function.

Currently there are bugs in the firewall (I myself find the firewall part the buggiest from all parts) but ESET are working on it so that the final version would be excellent . As Marcos have said , new BETAs are about to appear soon.

I am sure you'll enjoy ESS final more than Kaspersky ;) :p ;)

4. Klitetools

Klitetools Registered Member

love the ESS firewall as soon as its complete it will replace Sygate pro on all my PCs

5. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Haha Who knows.
    I always liked NOD32 (besides my Kaspersky offcourse;)
    What I like about KIS is the high detection rate and the really good firewall.
    I believe it would be a shame if the anti virus part of ESS will be great and the firewall will be lousy.

6. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

It failed a lot of the leaktests.
    For example it fails all from the aklt.exe tests.

7. binkko

binkko Registered Member

and it failed the leaktest in pcflank.com too.
    it performs well in other tests.
    i hope it can performs better in leaktest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.