Firewall won't start

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Meister, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meister

Meister Registered Member

Windows crashed earlier today and after the reboot this happened:

failedfirewalltc8.jpg

I've reinstalled 5 times. Cleaned all registry keys that had "eset" in it. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  2. RwR

RwR Registered Member

Try install ESS to another folder on your HDD.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ Meister

If your Windows crashed earlier this day , try to first use System Restore to restore to previous state .
    Open Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
    Choose to restore to a date/state before the crash happened . Follow the instructions . Your computer reboot .

After you have done your System Restore and after you have got back to previous state ,your ESS might be corrupted . So, run the ESS installer and it will offer you to either Repair or Uninstall ESS . You choose to uninstall/remove ESS !

After reboot , you can reinstall it following this procedure:

1. Download fresh new ESS from http://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta1b/ess_nt32_enu.msi
    2. Delete manually
    - C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset

3. Install again ESS beta . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password

Should you still have problems with it , ensure you have some firewall turned ON (such as Windows Firewall) and then contact Eset beta support , mail to betasupport[at]eset.sk

4. Meister

Meister Registered Member

Thank you for your replies.

RwR: Actually I had already tried that in my attempts :)

HiTech_boy: I don't have system restore activated but I never deleted the folder in "Application Data" (didn't know it was there but I checked and it is). I will delete the folder and attempt another reinstall as soon as possible.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Keep it enabled for future cases , it may save lives ;)

and let us know how you go :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.