Firewall tests

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ASpace, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

I decided to test ESS .

I removed temporary my router and via dial-up connection tested the firewall's reliablity.The results are excellent

Have done all the tests on HackerWatch.org and PCflank.com such as direct atack,port scan,common ports scan,stealth test

All tests showed : All ports Secure/Stealth

Good job , ESET ! :thumb:

P.S. I submitted two bugs via the internal option (Help->Contact the TechSupport) about the firewall not remembering the trusted zone settings.Hope you received it. Really like the Automatic mode :)

2. fredra

fredra Registered Member

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks , saw it.:thumb:

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Confrim.
    Passed these tests as well

5. Rambo

Rambo Registered Member

Hello Everybody!

During the test, I noticed this:

- In the setup, under the "Web access protection - HTTP - Blocked Adresses" menupoint when I add "*.hu", seemingly the firewall doesn't filter the .hu domains

- In the setup, under the "Web access protection - HTTP - Blocked Adresses" menupoint when I add example "origo.hu", the firewall filters correctly the "http://www.origo.hu"", but doesn't filter "http://www.origo.hu/index.html" URL, I think this is a mistake. The firewall have to parsing the URLs, not only a simple compare with the exlude pattern and the ending characters of the actual URL address.

- In the setup, under the "Personal Firewall - Rules and zones - Rules" menupoint the EDIT and DELETE button seemingly dosn't work. I guess, the DELETE function should ask an "Are you sure" like question in the future. It would be a great idea, that man could export, import, enrich this rules via TEXT files. When I made a precious rules list, it would be able to transport easier to other machines.

6. Skriatok

Skriatok Registered Member

Hi

- I must enter "*origo.hu*" or "origo.hu*" no only "origo.hu" .
    - If you export settings in menu, you export rules/zones too.

7. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

The firewall fails GRC Leak Test. No pop up is shown asking for permission to connect.This is in interactive mode.

8. Melchi501

Melchi501 Registered Member

Don't confirm. Its works for me. Windows XP sp2.

9. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

GRC Leaktest works perfectly in Interactive mode - one of the first things I tried.

10. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

What are your experiences with the leaktests?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.