Firewall Slows/Block Internet Connection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Barbar, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbar

Barbar Registered Member

I'm trying EsetSmartSecurity software but i have a problem.
    I'm connected by wireless and in my opinion almost the rules are well configured (i can surf on internet in other place without problem).
    Sometimes page (that present different content like image or video) are not viewed correctly if the firewall is activated.
    Often the speed of my Internet explorer browser is really slow if the firewall is on and the pages are unable to be loaded.
    If i disable your firewall everything is solved.
    I have this problem only here (not at home), because at work or if i use a business vpn i solve... but it is annoying.
    So i can deduce that the problem is not only related with your software but probably there is an incompatibility between your software and this network... i don't know, maybe a NAT? Tunneling? public IP?

I didn't touch anything in the eset standard option and i'm using interactive filtering mode.
    If i'm not clear about the problem, please let me know and i will try to explain it better or attach jpeg.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please provide the following:
    - your IP address
    - the IP address of the router
    - IP addresses / subnets in the Trusted zone
    - the relevant firewall log entries created after enabling logging blocked connections in the IDS setup and reproducing the problem
    - information about installed modules (Help-> About)

3. Barbar

Barbar Registered Member

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.