Firewall settings

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by aigle, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I had used Kerio many months and recently started to use Comodo.
    It is asking me about many programmes ( browsers, some security appliances and download manager etc) that they are trying to act as a server. What does it mean? usually I like to answer Block on this pop up but I am not sure when to allow this and when not. And if I block what functionality of that programme I may loose?
    Also I want to know about some sitea that can give a basic as weell as advanced knowlege about how to configure a firewall, about ports and how to understand the pop ups from firewalls( I remember that I was able to handle ZAP( with its smart advisor) and Kerio to some extent but when I used Jetico, I could not find a way).

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

While most of everything I have read says no programs need server`s rights, there are exceptions to every rule. Example, P2P and some\all chat programs. When in doubt I usually click no then see if the program still performs as expected. Not familiar with your particular FW, but I`m guessing you have the option to change it if it is required.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. I think server right is required for Download manager? I will wait for any expert memeber to comment on these issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.