Firewall restricting access from Samsung BD-P3600 wifi Blu-ray player

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fearzum, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fearzum

fearzum Registered Member

I have purchased a Samsung BD-P3600 blu-ray player that has WiFi capability to access files(video, music, pictures) on my computer. ESET appears to be blocking access to it. If I go to manual mode to access the PC by typing in its address, I can get limited accesss. Automatic mode does not work. Once I remove the firewall, the player automatically sees the PC and can see all shared folders.

What is the best setup so that I do not need to drop the firewall?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried switching to Learning mode so that all necessary rules are created automatically?

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Marcos, can you clarify if - after using Learning Mode to establish necessary rules for the Wi-Fi player - wouldn't you have to operate in something other than Automatic Mode? ........ And, will "Automatic with User Defined Rules" recognize the Learning Mode Rules - OR only manually created rules by the user?

4. fearzum

fearzum Registered Member

Have tried learned mode and automatic with exceptions. No change. Once I drop ESET, the device can see my computer and I can access shared folders. After that, I can turn on ESET again and I can retain connectivity and go thru the firewall.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.