Firewall Reporting Itself As Off

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by WCCobra, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCCobra

WCCobra Registered Member

Sometimes when I start the computer, after Smart Security finishes loading, Windows Secruity Center popups telling me that Smart Security's firewall is reporting itself as off. I open up Smart Security to see whats wrong, and it tells me the firewall is turned on. I have problems connection to websites, but I'm still able to use pop3 to check me email and update software on my PC during this time. I go in and disable the firewall and then turn it back on, and everything starts working properly again.:blink: Assuming it failed to load properly on startup, but Smart Security does not notify me in anyway and (even worse) says it's running normally.

Windows XP Professional SP2 (All Updates)
    Eset Smart Security 3.0.414.0

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi,

Iv'e got exactly the same problem as you, and i think that they need to fix this BEFORE an final release of ESS, Regards

3. OLDXTECH

OLDXTECH Registered Member

I also had this experience today for the first time.
    The fix for me was to go to Setup/Personal Firewall/Disable filtering. After
    disabling, the problem shield went away and I then went back in and Enabled
    filtering. All seems to be ok and the Firewall is telling me it is working ok.
    This new version seems to be working great for me on XP SP2 IE7.

4. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

I experienced this today for the first time too.

Exactly the same problem as above: Windows Security Center reports that the firewall is turned off, but the ESS GUI reports that the firewall is on.

I rebooted to get rid of it (which worked), but then I got a similar warning for the Antivirus component. I rebooted again, and so far neither warning has reappeared.

It seems to be completely random when it happens, and which component of ESS it affects.

Steve.

5. marmk

marmk Registered Member

same here with RC1, restart did not help.

6. Degine

Degine Registered Member

I've had the same problem in the past 4-5 days, but today it seems to have disapeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.