Firewall Problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Portmanteau, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portmanteau

Portmanteau Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having problems with ESET's firewall & connection to the internet using both Firefox & I.E. .
    I submitted a 'customer care' request on two separate occasions; unfortunately I have yet to receive a response. I have also spoken to one of ESET's representatives via phone.
    I am convinced this is a Firewall problem as I am getting the errors:

"Firefox can't find the server at ..."
    I.A (Please See Attached)
    The kind people over at WhatTheTech forums have also been helping me out but we have yet to resolve the issue: My Thread

I am hoping to get the issue resolved here, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Attached Files:

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Noticed on the other forums that the tech assisting you suggested uninstalling ESET Smart Security to verify ESET wasn't causing the issue. During a phone support call with ESET, you mentioned you disabled the firewall, still had the issue and thus had ruled out ESS as the cause.

It may actually help to completely remove ESS and see if the problem still occurs.

3. Portmanteau

Thank you for your reply I will give this another try.

4. Portmanteau

I have now uninstalled Nod32 SS to see if this resolves the issue.
    In the meantime can I request that I be given some support on how to manually let Firefox through the Firewall.
    I hope I am not coming across as impatient; I just feel that I have paid for the software & therefore I should be using it.

Thanks again

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.