Firewall problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gsapient, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsapient

gsapient Registered Member

Hi I have installed ess 4.0.314 x64 in a vista x64 machine. The firewall runs in the automatic mode with exceptions on. I have added my home network in the trusted zone as a subnet and I have allowed file sharing with other computers. After applying the settings communications with other network computers (file sharing, vnc) work fine for a while, but after a random amount of time, ess starts blocking all my home computers as if they were not in the secure zone (no file sharing, no vnc possible etc). If a fiddle a little with the settings without actually changing anything and hit apply, then everything returns to normal until a few hours later ess decides to block the secure zone PCs again and I have to do the same again.
    Needless to say this is extremely annoying and it disrupts my workflow, as the particular pc running ess is on a different floor than my office pc and I have to run up 2 flights of stairs every few hours to re-unblock the secure zone. Please help

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest enabling logging of blocked connection attempts in the IDS setup, reproducing the problem and then checking the firewall log for details about blocked connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.