Firewall permissions again and again

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ReverseGear, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I am on Win7x64 . Have just formatted and reinstalled [ I do this every few months ]. I am seeing firewall popups for the same application twice or thrice now . FDM [5.1 beta] and unified remote server in particular . Twice for maxthon and shareit .

How do I check if everything is alright ?

edit : forgot to mention , was having the same issue before formatting also , which started just a few days ago

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Give permission for the application to access the Internet unless you don't.

3. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

FDM is known for having troubles with Firewalls and antivirus programs. I personally don't trust it as Malwarebytes keeps poping saying that a malicious website has been blocked, and this happens everytime I download something through FDM.

Switch to other torrent client like qBittorrent (GPL) or Deluge (GPL) or LimeWire (GPL, but written in Java).

Or see this list to see which client suits you best: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_clients

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I was using tixati , but I downloaded FDM and it had a built in torrent downloader so I dropped tixati for the time being . But FDM is not the only one with the issue . I am getting same problem from maxthon and unified remote control too.

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I solved the issue myself . used tweaking tool's repair and selected just windows firewall . Haven't seen a popup after that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.