Firewall out of the box

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I have read in the site leaktest

Out of the box

Due to the increase number of firewalls to test, I did not include this time the "out of the box" results (too much time consuming).
    The only thing to know about the "out of the box" settings of a firewall is that it is never sufficient and does not provides a
    good security level, and that it is always weaker than configured with it's highest settings.
    The out-of-the-box settings are meant to give a least security level while not blocking the user, but will rarely do more than alerting
    you when an application is attempting to access the Internet in a normal way (i.e will not block the leaktests).

Now zonealarm is like that so does that mean i am not protected by the leak test??

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

I do not think this changes anything, certainly not ZA's abilities, other than gkweb will no longer be testing firewalls with their default settings. For those concerned with leaktests and wanting to get the most out of their firewall he has always recommended checking settings and refining them for optimum protection (going beyond the default settings).

Regards,

CrazyM

3. ninja_style

ninja_style Registered Member

I am using Kerio 4.2 Final, anyone have any good settings for Kerio? I am running it with the settings it was installed. I did disable activex, cookies, you know web protection. But I would appreciated, if someone could post up better settings than those out of the box. Something that's not really strict, but better than the out of the box settings.
    Help is appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.