Firewall options for Webroot Antivirus/Spysweeper 2011?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tookerjeff, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hi all,

I was trying out Webroot's Antivirus with Spysweeper 2011 and wondered what would be some good compatible firewalls with the AV? It seems a lot of the firewall and AV's have their own behavior blockers and what not so sometimes they don't play nice

I thought PrivateFirewall was owned by the same company but I wasn't sure, or if this same firewall is actually the same version in Webroot's full suite?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

-tookerjeff :)

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I believe Privacyware allows Webroot to use the firewall. Actually Webroot used to offer a free firewall which was a knock off of the PrivacyWare version. But it may not be available on their site anymore and there may be no updates recently. Here is one from softpedia-
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Webroot-Desktop-Firewall.shtml

Lots of people use the Privacyware firewall. So it would probably be a good one to try out. If there is some sort of conflict with the behavior blockers between the two programs maybe you can just disable one of them. I was not aware webroot's av/as included a behavior monitor.

3. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

private firewall :)

4. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hey, thank you for the replies! :)

acr1965 - oh, I don't think it does have a behavior monitor either, but probably just more of a type of advanced heuristics. They have multiple "shields" in their av/sp program as well as the suite like PC Tools and Avast! I believe... so I wondered if these may ever conflict with PrivateFW's anomality detection module and HIPs--I'll just have to test and find out... :)

Thanks again for the information!

-tookerjeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.