Firewall Log - Locked in loop

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Spanaway01, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanaway01

Spanaway01 Registered Member

When I go to view the Firewall Log file ESET just keeps opening it. The results flash on the screen of a split second and then the process starts all over again. Canceling the operation does not stop the operation - it gets locked in a loop. The only way to stop it is to stop the egui process and restart it again. Tried three times with the same result.

I was able to delete all of the other log files without incident, but not this one. I tried renaming epfwlog.dat, but that was a no go even with the egui process stopped.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Reinstall ESS . Make sure to delete all its files/folders + reg keys/entries that might be left , afterwards.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you have enabled logging all blocked connections or a rule that is applied too frequently?

4. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

When you open the Log Files screen, make sure the selection box is set to something other than Personal Firewall Log. If it is set to show another log (eg Detected Threats) then you won't have a problem with it continuing to refresh on the screen which is what is happening when you have the Firewall log selected.

5. Spanaway01

Spanaway01 Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the help. I was able to change the filter options for the Firewall logging and it is gone now. The dat file was quite large as there are continual "checksum" errors which I understand is a problem with other users as well, but is not an issue with the performance of ESS. If I am incorrect, please let me know. It is a problem only on one of my three systems.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.