Firewall log empty?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by WigglyTheGreat, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I noticed after checking my ESS logs that the firewall log is completely empty. Even after I allow a new app to access the internet it doesn't log anything. I have ESS in interactive mode and I am using version 3.0.650.0. The logs are set to the default config. Shouldn't I be seeing something in the firewall logs? o_O Thanks

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I had the same thing after upgrade on a Win2Kpro Only thing that worked was to manually uninstall and reinstall 650. No problems on a WinXPpro, however.

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

do this:thumb:

Attached Files:

• wew.jpg
      wew.jpg
      File size:
      74.9 KB
      Views:
  4. WigglyTheGreat

Hmm, well I enabled the log all blocked connections and still don't see anything int he firewall logs. I then uninstalled and reinstalled ESS and still it shows nothing in the firewall logs. I looked on my other computer with ESS installed and the firewall logs are empty too. Maybe this is just the way ESS is built and doesn't log much. I am behind a router which would cut down on unsolicited inbound stuff, but I thought ESS would log all my connections out etc. so that I could go back and see what I might have blocked earlier. Maybe I am just used to Outpost firewall logs that give a lot of detail on what is happening and what has happened. As it stands now if something requests outbound and I am unsure about it and click to deny or deny temporarily and close out that box then later I cannot tell what it was that I denied as it is not logged. Seems like it should log this kind of stuff. Any other ideas or am I just expecting too much of the firewall.

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

did you update older version v621 or v642
    or first install v650

6. WigglyTheGreat

I uninstalled version v642 and then installed v650. I like to uninstall older versions instead of installing over the top of them. I am on Vista SP1 on two of my computers that both run ESS. I do have another computer that I run Winxp with nod32 2.7 av and outpost firewall 2008 just for your info. But the logging issue is on my two Vista computers that use ESS. One is a HP laptop and the other a Dell desktop both are fairly new with Core 2 duos and plenty of ram etc. I have used Eset products for a couple of years now. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.