Firewall log empty?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by WigglyTheGreat, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I noticed after checking my ESS logs that the firewall log is completely empty. Even after I allow a new app to access the internet it doesn't log anything. I have ESS in interactive mode and I am using version 3.0.650.0. The logs are set to the default config. Shouldn't I be seeing something in the firewall logs? o_O Thanks

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I had the same thing after upgrade on a Win2Kpro Only thing that worked was to manually uninstall and reinstall 650. No problems on a WinXPpro, however.

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

do this:thumb:

Attached Files:

• wew.jpg
      wew.jpg
      File size:
      74.9 KB
      Views:
  4. WigglyTheGreat

Hmm, well I enabled the log all blocked connections and still don't see anything int he firewall logs. I then uninstalled and reinstalled ESS and still it shows nothing in the firewall logs. I looked on my other computer with ESS installed and the firewall logs are empty too. Maybe this is just the way ESS is built and doesn't log much. I am behind a router which would cut down on unsolicited inbound stuff, but I thought ESS would log all my connections out etc. so that I could go back and see what I might have blocked earlier. Maybe I am just used to Outpost firewall logs that give a lot of detail on what is happening and what has happened. As it stands now if something requests outbound and I am unsure about it and click to deny or deny temporarily and close out that box then later I cannot tell what it was that I denied as it is not logged. Seems like it should log this kind of stuff. Any other ideas or am I just expecting too much of the firewall.

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

did you update older version v621 or v642
    or first install v650

6. WigglyTheGreat

I uninstalled version v642 and then installed v650. I like to uninstall older versions instead of installing over the top of them. I am on Vista SP1 on two of my computers that both run ESS. I do have another computer that I run Winxp with nod32 2.7 av and outpost firewall 2008 just for your info. But the logging issue is on my two Vista computers that use ESS. One is a HP laptop and the other a Dell desktop both are fairly new with Core 2 duos and plenty of ram etc. I have used Eset products for a couple of years now. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.