Firewall - Interactive Mode Glitchs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Paperface, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paperface

Paperface Registered Member

Downloaded this today, been a huge fan of the NOD32 anti-virus software for a while and decided to uininstall my existing firewall in order to upgrade.

Lots of settings, looks very good. But sadly I can't get the firewall to work properly, I changed it to interactive mode but for a lot of applications it completely blocks the traffic without reason or prompt (and even when disabled).

For example, Windows Mail can't resolve any mail servers anymore. Even when it's running it's not showing up in the personal firewall application window, nore does it bring up the interactive dialog asking me what I want to do when I first try to send/receive mail. I've tried putting it back on the automatic mode, same result, tried turning off the firewall all together, same result.

So I thought i'd try doing a ping from the command prompt to make sure it wasn't just my mail servers all being down by complete fluke, but again, whenever i do any command in command prompt which requires the internet, it fails. even if I try to manually add it to the filters and 'allow all' they still fail, even if I disable the firewall they still get blocked.

It's bizzare, Firefox, MSN and a handful of other apps all worked perfectly with it but others just seem completely invisible to the application, not showing up in the application list, getting blocked even when disabled etc.

Im running Vista x64, latest updates. Poked around all the firewall settings but to no avail. Might have to uninstall, very bizzare.

For what it's worth, it's giving me lots of errrors like this..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.