Firewall in Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sg09, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Hi, Any opinions about the firewall in Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus? Please don't start discussions about its lack of HIPS module, rather say about its effectiveness of packet filtering etc. I saw that it does not register in Action Center and also it leaves Windows Firewall ON. So, does it only strengthens Windows Firewall like Trend Titanium does? I can find only two settings in it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Empath

Empath Registered Member

It provides a user interface for the outgoing features of Windows Firewall.

3. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Great!:thumb:

4. guest

guest Guest

WSA has an HIPS, not a conventionnal one , but it has one

WSA firewall is not a real firewall (despite the name) it is mostly an outbound connection monitor. It will ask for unknown process trying to get out.

"The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports. It looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to the Internet and steal your personal information. It works with the Windows firewall, which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. With both the SecureAnywhere and Windows firewall turned on, your data has complete inbound and outbound protection.

You should not turn off either the Windows firewall or the SecureAnywhere firewall. If they are disabled, your system is open to many types of threats whenever you connect to the Internet or to a network. These firewalls can block malware, hacking attempts, and other online threats before they can cause damage to your system or compromise your security.

The SecureAnywhere firewall is preconfigured to filter traffic on your computer. It works in the background without disrupting your normal activities. If the firewall detects any unrecognized traffic, it opens an alert where you can block the traffic or allow it to proceed."

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks. :) May I ask where you did quote that from? :cool:

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

If you would ask your questions about WSA in the Prevx forum then you would probably get the most correct answers from the man with all the answers...Joe Just FYI and that's what I would have done myself :)

9. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

It's nigh on perfect as far as I'm concerned. It monitors outbound connections, whilst letting the Windows Firewall handle inbound connections, which it does more than adequately.

10. guest

guest Guest

often, the help file is your best friend :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.